29/12/2013

Walkman: The Most Wonderful

To relax this sunday, I give you my list of this year's most beautiful tunes. Lay down for 45 minutes and enjoy.

1) 'Youth' by Daughter (from 'If you Leave' LP)
Great lyrics and pleasant voice. Ohhh I really love the lyrics. It's heart-breaking.


2) 'Glacier' by John Grant (from 'Pale Green Ghosts' LP)
John Gant is an outstanding singer, and this particular song is just wow. The lyrics are so clever and powerful. Very inspiring. And strings by Fiona Brice are lovely as always.


3) 'Wonderwall' by Oasis, covered by Hurts (from 'Blind' EP)
This cover is so emotial it makes me cry. Theo's voice and Adam's piano/guitar are just perfect.


4) 'Julian' by Say Lou Lou (from 'Julian' EP)
Their voices and melody are perfectly intertwined. And of course, the lyrics are the main thing.


5) 'Buzzcut Season' by Lorde (from 'Pure Heroine' LP)
My favourite song by Lorde. It's so magical and fragile. And the instrumental and the lyrics.



6) 'The Road' by Hurts (from 'Exile' LP)
I think this is the best song from this album, if not ever by this band. I have no words really. Just listen, you'll sure like it.


7) 'Alone' by Depeche Mode (from 'Delta Machine' LP)
I just love the sounds in this magical number. It's like heaven. It's good to know you can find heaven in electronica just as in, for instance, strings.


8) 'Hudson' by Vampire Weekend (from 'Modern Vampires Of The City' LP)
Seriously, the world NEEDED this song. Every time it comes on, I'm somewhere else, and it's good.


9) 'Heaven Wait' by White Lies (from 'Big TV' LP)
I love the atmosphere, with the drums and Harry's voice. Feels melancholic.


10) 'Hold On To Me' by Placebo (from 'Loud Like Love' LP)
I've already wrote about this song as the one I can calmly fall asleep to. The theme nicely complements the previous song, but it offers the solution at its end. And I love the athmosferic instrumental.


Maybe you have to listen to these a few times and then it will get under your skin. So you can hear all the instruments and timbres and naunces of the voice. Than let me know if you like them. Sweet dreams!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?