05/02/2014

Bookmark: Thrillers That Thrill Me

I'm a big fan of thrillers and criminalistics since I was... 10? My first ever beloved wrighter was Agatha Christie. The amount of thrillers I've read in my life is incalculable. And after some time, they get boaring. Always the same plot, same twists, same predictable murderer.
Then I read 'The Devil's Star' by Jo Nesbø. First of all, it's totally unpredictable. I had a few suspects and scenarios, but they were all wrong and the end really surprised me. Then, I love the style of wrighting. Not heavy (without a lot of description), not boaring (yet there is little description). The third thing is the main character. One of my favourites in the whole existing literature.
 
 
Nesbø is a crime novelist and musican (rock band Di Derre) from Norway. He wrote one children's book. It is interesting that he also wrote 2 more novels (not published yet) as Tom Johansen (I don't get why). Novels about inspector Harry Hole are the best known. He is an unreliable, obstinate, cynical, odd drunk, but very intelligent and wise (not just in solving cases). Something like dr. House of criminalistics. Reading chapters about him is as fun as reading those with murder plot. I adore him :-)
 
 
 
These books are always out in my library so I can't wait to come across one I haven't read.
Be aware they contain violence, illegal actions, kinky and disguisting things, and are not intended to be role models for kids ;-)

"Only a life without pain is emptier than life without love." (from 'The Redeemer')
 
(Pictures from Google)
 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?