31/08/2014

Gallery: Paper Sculptures

Rogan Brown makes this exceptional paper sculptures. Looks like hard work.
 
(Click to enlarge)

 
"My work is an exploration and re-presentation of natural organic forms both mineral and vegetal. I look for patterns and repeated motifs that run through natural phenomena at different scales, from the microscopic to the macroscopic, from individual cells to large scale geological formations. (...) I want to communicate my fascination with the immense complexity and intricacy of natural forms and this is why the process behind my work is so important. Each sculpture is hugely time consuming and labour-intensive and this work is an essential element not only in the construction but also in the meaning of each piece. The finished artefact is really only the ghostly fossilized vestige of this slow, long process of realisation." (roganbrown.com)
 


 
These remind me of something living, like fungi or neurons... Or just-life. Inspiring.
Find more on his web-site: roganbrown.com
 
 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?