05/09/2013

Gallery: Infinity Mirrored Room

I wanted this exhibition to be set forever in Tate Modern so I can see it one day when I come to London. It's from the last year. The artist Yayoi Kusama made this magical room titled 'Infinity Mirrored Room – Filled with the Brilliance of Life'.
 
 
 
 
"The walls and ceiling of the room are mirrored, and the floor features a shallow pool of water. Visitors walk through the room on a walkway made of mirrored tiles. Hanging from the ceiling are hundreds of small, round LED lights that flash on and off in different colour configurations. The pinpricks of light in the otherwise darkened room appear to reflect endlessly in the mirrors, giving the viewer the experience of being in an apparently endless space, broken only by points of light in the darkness." (www.tate.org.uk)
 
 
 
 
Now let's pretend we're there:
 
 
This photo is my favourite (I found them all on Google):
 
 
xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?