15/09/2013

Walkman: Soul Ladies

My opinion is that males are better musicians than females. No wonder there are only male producers and almost all rock bands are made up of men. But, as my favourite fact says: the only rule is that there are no rules. Lately I've been listening to some FEMALE artists who are extremely talented and I whant to share their music with you. In general, guys wright better lyrics, but girls wright emotional and direct. And soul is the best way to express that, isn't it. So give a round of applause for these soul ladyes.
 
 
Duffy
 
 
I'm in love with her. She has the most perfect voice and singing tehnique. She has recorded two albums and I hope the third is on the way. They were both very successful: I'm sure you've heard "Mercy", "Rain On Your Parade", "Warwick Avenue" and "Well, Well, Well". Her songs cover various themes, manly about love, and pace varies from slow to dance. I like strings and guitar and melodies... Here's how she sings (she is brilliant in this one):
 
 
Joss Stone
 
 
I started listening to her music since I saw a concert on a local TV station with her and Elton John. She was so good live I had to download all her albums immediately. "You Had Me", "Tell Me What We're Gonna Do Now", rings a bell? Her voice is rely unique and her music is so uplifting, at least for me. Just listen to this :-) :
 
 
Amy Winehouse
 
 
It was her birthday yesterday. No words needed for her. Amazing voice, amazing singing, amazing lyrics. It's a shame she picked the wrong path. Here's one of my favourites:
 
 
Paloma Faith
 
 
She's a true diva. (I know she's not that well known as previous singers but I bet her time will come). Though her songs are more pop, kind of cabare style, she is amazing. And her appearance is something! I don't really listen to her music coz it's just not my style, but some people I respect very much worked with her and oh my just listen to this acoustic session (this songs I do listen to, it's so soul and she's so outstanding):
 
 
I hope you enjoyed :-)
xxx
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?