08/01/2014

Gallery: Guiding Light

I'm a sucker for neon lights. I think it's the best form of modern art. Don't really now why. A neon sign stands out, ponting out something important, luring your pupils. You can also play with letters turned on and off.
 

Some of the artists:
Bruce Nauman: -he was the first neon light artist I fell for-
Meryl Pataky: www.merylpataky.com
Leo Babsky: www.leobabsky.com
Tim Etchells: www.timetchells.com
Robert Montgomery: www.robertmontgomery.org
 

I love all kind of neon, as long as it has a message. It doesn't have to be one's artwork. I mean, everything's modern art now, isn't it?
 

Finally, my favourites. In the first picture are rules of the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. So clever. In the second is a neon crucifix created from words by Edgar Allan Poe. It is for sale here: http://oakleyilluminations.co.uk/forsale/crossneon/
 
 
Click to enlarge
(Source: Google)
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?