04/01/2014

Rec: Internet Culture

A little bit unusual post.
First of all, yes. I admit it's silly and intended for teenage girls. But I like to watch Dan Howell's videos. If you don't know who is Dan, that's absolutely normal. He's a youtuber-one of those people who record themselves for living. Why am I a subscriber? I think he's sooo funny, so when I'm bored, you know...
This post is about The Internet. Not the internet (I loooove it), but people on the internet. (And it's not about Dan of course, but his videos explain this topic very well.) So, things I hate about The Internet: spying, outwitting/debates and obsession/fandoms.
 
The first video is about debates. Listen to every word people. I agree with absolutely everything Dan said. I avoid getting in arguments, but when I know someone is wrong I just have to write something. Simply to make people think, maybe they'll change their point of view. And I never critisize someone's opinion. The tastes are not to be discussed. And remember, there are so many stupid people who are not worth your attention. (Luckily/unluckily not many people leave comments on this blog so-no problems here!)
 
 
The next video is about fandoms. I think those people don't have life really. How can you live just for actors of a TV series, or a book, or whatever?! I do reblog pictures of band members or actors on Tumblr, but that's coz I like that picture. But spending every day thinking about the same thing/person, rebloging every post related to it, dreaming about having his babies and threatening his privacy coz you follow his every step?! The internet made fans into bothersome, crazy people living in a fantasy. You go, real-life fans!
 
 
About spying, you can't do anything about it. Except not do that to other people.
 
What about you? Enjoying surfing? Ever feeling irritated? Do you like blogs? Internet interactions? Leave a comment if you like the latter.
xxx
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?