17/01/2014

Rec: I'll Mend Your Heart

Haven't seen a video for 'Julian' by Say Lou Lou? Well you're 7 months late! Watch it RIGHT AWAY!
 
 
I think it's a masterpiece. I must say I didn't get the story right away, though I liked the visuals. Then I read that the song is inspired by 'We Children Of Bahnhof Zoo': "For Julian, we centered our references around a German cult film called Christiane F set in the late 70s. It's based on the true story of a 14-year-old girl in Berlin who falls heavily into heroin addiction when she starts hanging out with the wrong people at a nightclub. She dyes her hair red and wears short metallic bomber jackets, slim jeans with colored socks and platforms." Also, "the video echoes some of their favourite movies including The Runaways and Boogie Nights, as well as Davide Sorrenti’s cult photography."(anothermag.com)
 
That book is one of my favourites since I read it for the first time maybe 10 years ago. At the time I found it so scary. I was horrified and disgusted. Since then I read it four times and now I think it's interesting and inspiring (it does not inspires to take drugs off course). I haven't seen the movie yet. But I will when I find time.
If you didn't know, Vera Christiane Felscherinow released a new autobigraphical book titled 'My Second Life' last year. Sounds like a horror sequel: "I hope that 'My Second Life' scares people away from taking drugs more than my first book. I'm quite sure it will. It describes how much pain I've had in my life, and [explains] that I will die a very early and painful death."(wikipedia)
Here's how she looks today (she's green-eyed wow):
 
(Source: www.rundschau-online.de)
xxx
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?