01/10/2013

Bookmark: One And Only Nick Hornby

So, the other day I found out about a new movie 'A Long Way Down' (will be out in 2014). I can't wait! Not just that I like that book, but I also worship its author Nick Hornby.
"New Year’s Eve on the top of a London skyscraper. Martin (Brosnan) is literally on the edge. A once-beloved TV personality, he’s now desperate to jump. But he’s not alone. Single mother Maureen (Collette), sassy teen Jess (Poots), and musician turned pizza-delivery boy JJ (Paul), have all turned up on the same roof with the same plan. Instead of jumping, these complete strangers make a pact to stay alive and stay together until Valentine’s Day at least." (Hornby's blog)


Nick Hornby is an English novelist, essayist and screenwriter. Wether you describe his texts as drama or comedy, they always intertwine with music, sport, modern society or fundamental human nature.
I haven't read all his books yet coz they don't have them in the library and I hate reading on the computer, but I loved every single one of them so far (except 'Fever Pitch' which I haven't even borrowed simply coz it's about football, but than again it's Hornby so how bad can it be).
 

Some of his books have been turned into a movie already, like 'About a Boy' and 'Hight Fidelity'. He also wrote a screenplay for 'An Education' starring Carey Mulligan and Peter Sarsgraad. At some point in his creative life history he was a pop-music critic and a live-band member (he was just reading his work though).
To find out more about him, visit his web-site: nickhornbyofficial
(All pics are from the web-site, and these are definitely not all of his books.)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

This collection of stories 'Speaking with the Angel' I read three times in a row (only one is Hornby's but he created the collection). My final words: I'll leave you with a choice-to read 'A Long Way Down' first or to watch it first. There's no other option. (I recommend reading, I can tell with certanty it'll be good).
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?