04/10/2013

Runway: Glow In The Dark

This week I bought a brand new nail polish that-glows in the dark. Oooohh how cool is that? (Coz if something glows in the dark it's automatically cool.) I thought it won't work coz it's cheap (2 Euros) but guess what, it really glows!
So now I'm thinking, why is kitsch so amusing? I think that the answer is simple-it's unusual and interesting. Wearing something shiny, socks+sandals, high-heel sneackers, neon colours... It makes you unique. I'm aware that some people dress like that to attract attention, but I don't. I don't ever dress for someone else and I don't care if someone doesn't like what I'm wearing (as long as it's appropriate). I follow trends, but I don't always accept them. And yes, I will put on myself something shiny, but I won't turn myself into a disco ball. One piece is quite enough. So I wanna encourage you to wear kitsch if you like it. Just combine it with street fashion.

(Click to enlarge)
And what I found in my Polyvore folder:
 I'm not a fan of high-heel sneakers at all, but these actually look good.


Printed tights? Why not!
 
P.S. You can find all my photographs (posted here) on Flickr. I added the link in the left sidebar.
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Is that on the photo you with your glowing nail polish?
    Klara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's not. These photos in collages are random (from blogs, Tumblr etc.). Btw my nails glow yellow not orange ;-)
      xxx

      Delete
    2. What's the label of your nail polish?
      Klara

      Delete
    3. It's Essence. Glow in the night top coat.
      xxx

      Delete

What do you think?