25/10/2013

Cro: Favourite Bands

I'd like to go (and if I find company, I will) to a lot of concerts over the next month. So I'll share with you my favourite "Balkan" artists (from Croatia and its neighborhood).

The 1st concert-Dubioza Kolektiv
Tomorrow (26.10.) in Dom sportova (sold out!).
A band from Bosnia and Herzegovina, very popular all over Europe. They really do appear on almost every festival. They sing in English too. The main feature of the band are politically engaged lyrics. Their music is a mix of rock, reggae, hip-hop, folk and sky. What I like about them is that they perform very good (singing and playing) and their songs are full of energy (I loose a couple of pounds during the concerts).
 
The 2nd concert-The Bambi Molesters
7.11. in Vintage Industrial Bar.
I've already written about them here.
 
The 3rd concert-Vatra
14.11. in Vintage Industrial Bar.
Vatra is my favourite Croatian band and I love them unconditionally. They play rock with the impact of electronics. The range of the lyrics, sounds and tempo is great. They don't repeat themselves but are still great (that's very important for me). The band is wild on stage, especially the frontman Ivan Dečak who's a legend. Sooo looking forward to this one.
 
The 4th concert-Elemental
16.11. in Tvornica kulture.
One of very rear hip-hop bands I like. Their lyrics are so good; I can literally relate to them without exaggeration. They sing about love, society, politics, true values, struggle, human psyche... I like how they started palying reggae and rock lately (on their last two albums). Their music is played on radio stations which is awesome (I heard them 3 times in 30 minutes just the other day). It's coz they don't rap all the time. Their female vocal is a great singer too.
 
 xxx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?