25/10/2014

Bookmark: Heroine

This is a post about one of my favourite fictional characters. Nana Osaki from Ai Yazawa's 'Nana'.

 
'Nana' is a drama manga (I think that's the existing term, I'm not into manga, this one is the exeption) about two girls who meet in Tokyo and become best friends. They share the same name-Nana. Nana Osaki is a punk singer, she is in an almost perfect relationship with Ren (also a musician) and she tries to make a music career. Nana Komatsu is a sweet naive perky girl who wants to be independant and have a stable relationship (she fails most of the time).
 

 
I read this manga when I was in high school. I liked it coz it describes everyday situations in a very realistic way and then it helps with words of comfort, solution, honesty or wisdom. The characters, dialogues and drawings are great. Nana Osaki is the most beautiful, self-conscious, talented, proud, soulful, cheeky, brave girl ever with her dreamy boyfriend, but still sometimes vulnerable and unfortunate which makes her human. She was my heroine for a long time. Well, still is.
 
(This is manga-read right to left!)




 
Do you have any fatalistic fictional characters? Share it with us!
 
Btw I found this girl from Tokyo on a street style web-site who looks exactly like Nana (not her body and hair but her style)! Cool!
 
 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?