10/10/2014

Walkman: High School Playlist

It's time for another fun (uselles) post! My lectures started this week but I have a very nice schedule, which means plenty of free time aka boredom. So yesterday I decided to arrange my mp3 music collection.
I deleted a lot of songs, basically those I always skip when my iTunes is on random. And oh how they reminded me of my teen music taste! So, this playlist is not for you. I wouldn't listen to this now just as I wouldn't go back to high school (traumatic period for me). I just find it fun to make a "reminder".
 
1) Simple Plan
 
 
'Welcome To My Life' was a teen anthem, so I ultimately loved it too. I was in my emo phase (no I was not a part of that subculture, then as popular as hypsters today, I was just opsessed with black, blood, loneliness, drama-drama, cemeteries and other morbid things) and that's why those heartbreaking songs about martyrdom and fights and misfortune were so cool.
 
 
 
2) Hoobastank

 
Another similar band. More punk maybe but very similar in general. What music style are these bands? Noisy pop? Anyway, you remember one of the greatest love songs-'The Reason'?
 
 
3) Story Of The Year
 
 
Ohoho, they were real emo s**t! Cutting veins and stuff. I can't believe how I managed to become such an optimist, growing up with bands like these X)
 
 
4) Billy Talent
 
 
Onother noisy pop band (starting to love this term). I remember that even those friends who listend to pop and r&b loved their songs for some reason. And they tried to sound so heavy. I'd be asheamed.
 
 
5) Fall Out Boy
 
 
As you can assume, I was in love with Pete. Also, I think their lyrics (and videos) were at the higher level compared to the previous bands. But let's talk about those nosy pop looks. Take a look at the previously posted images. Similar haircuts, anyone?
 
 
6) Avril Lavigne
 
 
Oh wow, it's not a band! Avril. Avril was the queen. A true female ruler of noisy pop. 'Sk8er Boy' is a classic but I also worshiped 'My Happy Ending' and it's video clip. And I loveeed her outfits (when she turned all girly, in 'Hot' or 'Girlfriend' videos).
 
 
7) Green Day
 
(Source: Google)
 
And what is a punk party without Green Day. I saved them for the end coz I still like their songs though I never listen to them purposely. 'American Idiot' was the first punk song I liked. I listened to some of their newest songs but I got board very soon. Those older are still the best.
 
 
Sooo... This took me more than an hour. Great. Feeling traumatized? I swear I'll be back on normal from the next post on.
 
xxx
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?